Saturday 24 December 2016

The Facet

Okay... So I think I might have figured this out... I am hopefully wrong, but I'm probably right. I know how you survived and I know what you are. I think...

So... What's a Facet?

As much as I want to tell you all to figure that out yourself the meaning is rather important to my point.

A facet is "One side of something many sided"

Now calling yourself The Facet while being part of a religious group might seem arguably normal. One of the many or something, but he only started calling himself The Facet after he acknowledge The Children don't really exist anymore so it must mean something else... So I thought...

What else could be a facet..

and it hit me... Or actually I suppose I should admit that I was mumbling this to myself when Oliver answered for me, but screw him.

I was asking myself about facets when Oliver sat down beside me told me that my mumbling was starting to irk him and that he was pretty sure he could help me. I told him to fuck off and he said:

"Okay, fine, but first two things. Could you do your mumbling in your own room and not the living room and also he's a shard," then he walked away.

So... Yeah The Facet... One of many. A Shard of The Dying Man.

Which explains why he didn't die. He did, but he was probably possessing someone else somewhere else as well. So... The question becomes so... Did I win then? Did I kill 9? I mean I didn't kill The Facet, but 9 was the person The Facet was possessing right so my target in The Children is still dead?

Can I forget about The Facet? I mean he still seems intent on killing me, but... Um... I only really wanted to kill 9... I do not care about The Dying Man.

Oh should also explain for the benefit of anyone reading this who doesn't know... The Dying Man is another one of The Gods. He or I guess technically it is a being that has no physical form and instead possesses the bodies of others and jumps from person to person with a touch. Apparently it was once one super powerful being, but now for some reason it's a bunch of much weaker beings who are all the same being, but go by different names.

Frankly I'm pretty sure they're just one weak creature with delusions of grandeur and a major case of disassociative identity disorder.

1 comment:

  1. Makes sense. There's no better opportunity for a Dying Man shard to possess somebody than a violent massacre.

    ReplyDelete