Wednesday 28 December 2016

Did not disappoint.

Didn't sleep at all last night waiting and was not surprised, but was a little amused when someone tossed a grenade through the window of what was the guest bedroom of Oliver's house. This of course woke up Oliver. He was none too pleased about his guest bedroom being destroyed, but when I told him it was The Dying Man he asked me to tell The Facet he had nothing to do with this and to kindly try not to wake him when he killed me.

Got to say Oliver's new more annoyed attitude is much more endearing than his old chipper helpful attitude.

Oh right I should probably explain that I was not in the guest bedroom at any point. I was in the kitchen. Drinking soda and waiting for the sign of attack. I like Ginger Ale mostly. Canada Dry only though Schweppes is fucking garbage.

Anyway so, I waited a bit expecting more, but there wasn't anything. Part of me was worried that he had just tossed the grenade and ran away. I dropped to the ground and rolled over to the front window and peeked out. No sign of him, but there was a motorcycle on the front lawn and I figured he wouldn't have left that here when he ran off. So, he was either out there or had snuck inside. Did I want to jump out through the Picture window and hope to find him and confront him outside or did I want to wait and see if I could find him inside.

I weighed the pros and cons of both strategies... It should be obvious that the idea of pissing off Oliver by breaking his picture window put that option way over the other. So, I did. As I was jumping through the window I glanced down to see The facet lying just beneath the window and pulling out another grenade. He saw me and then I was on the grass and rolled to my feet turning and facing him as I pointed my machete at him. He stood up and smiled,

"You sure know how to make an entrance," he says

"I'm pretty sure that was an exit," I responded.

"Is this your plan? Confront me in a one on one fight?"

"Of course not. I have an actual plan this time," I responded. There was something strange about him and it took me a few minutes to figure it out.

"Are... Are you a woman this time?"

"Yes, problem?"

"No... Just not sure if I should still be calling you he/him now..."

"Either way..."

"Right,"

"So, what happens now?" he asked and I answered by letting out a battle cry and charging at him. He dived to the side and rolled swinging out with the cane and I lifted my foot and stomped down on the cane. I expected it to break. It didn't instead it rolled under my foot as he let go sending me falling backwards onto my ass and he pounced on top of me. His hands moved to my throat as he straddled me and grinned.

"I could choke the life out of you, but that would take a while and you'd probably be able to kill me before then in any number of ways, however all I have to do to kill you is let myself into you," he said and then nothing... I don't remember any of what happened next. Probably because I wasn't in control at the time. I can guess though. Poor little Facet probably found the friend I had waiting for him. I mean when I was thinking how does one kill The Dying Man I thought of what Facet said and that reminded me of what Facet said his reason was for wanting to join The children. He was afraid of the other Shards. He didn't want to be absorbed. So, I found A dying Man shard who was looking to absorb other Shards and told him the plan. He agreed although with some stipulations and here we are.

When I woke up I was lying on the lawn and The Facet was gone. I'm fairly sure The Facet is dead or will at least be completely dead soon when the other Shard manages to find and absorb every last trace of him.

I was confused about whether or not I won last time this time, however I definitely won. Though winning became slightly less awesome. See, when I woke up on the lawn I wasn't alone. There was someone else kneeling beside me waiting for me to wake up. It was 12. My machete wasn't in my hand and instead my hands were bound with rope.

"I'm not going to kill you. Not yet... 11 won't let me. She says as much as we both hate you there is a bigger target we can hurt through you and only once we've done that can we kill you. So... You're going to be coming with me," he said and then reached down and grabbed me by the arms and dragged me over to a truck that was waiting. I was loaded onto the back of the truck and I saw Oliver watching from the broken window.

What a dick.

Oh some people are going to be anal about how I'm posting this. That's easy. I got my hands free during the truck ride. So, I'm posting this on my phone. Thought about calling some friends to help me, but my reason for not doing so were twofold. One, needing to ask others for help would severely ruin my reputation and second, I don't have any friends. Unfortunately the truck doesn't open to the driver seat and the back of the truck doors are locked. As well, my normal mask appears to have been replaced at some point with a new mask that I can't seem to get off. I tried using my phone's mirror app and it looks almost like the Iron Mask from The Man in The Iron Mask. Kind of cool looking. Might keep it.

The truck appears to be stopping so... We'll see what's going on. Maybe I'll get lucky and I'll be able to kill 11 and 12 today.

1 comment:

  1. So... I guess you they just want to play with their Dad, listen to some bad jokes and have a BBQ...

    ReplyDelete