Thursday 3 January 2019

Destiny Hates Me

I feel like I might have used this post name before... Regardless

Of course my next fight is against Sal. I'm going to die here... And you know what? I'm less concerned about my own death than I am that if I die here I can't do anything to potentially help Cerise. Well... I wrote this before going in. If I die Cerise promised to post it for me.

If I do die... It was... Fun talking to all of you. Mocking your pain, reveling in your misfortune, killing your girlfriends...

It was so much fun and I appreciate all of you.


-


Okay so nevermind I lived. I take back everything I said before. Ignore everything before this point.

I get into the arena and there's Sal. I figured I was gonna die pretty much immediately, but... Well the fight started out pretty... Normal. Well as normal as a fight between the two of us could be in an arena where the arena is constantly moving. He didn't use any of his terrifying arena manipulating powers and just made his way towards me as I did the same. We reached each other and clashed. He was skilled. Probably one of the most skilled fighters I've fought in a long time. It's the kind of fight I haven't had in a while. The two of us trading blows, deflecting each others attacks. He had a gun, but he didn't use it at longer range seemingly knowing that trying to deal with the Children's defense mechanism at range increased the change of wasting bullets as he only started to pull out the gun once he had a better idea of where I was compared to the image of me. This also resulted in me getting in a few early hits before he figured out how to deal with me. Perhaps if I had tried capitalizing on that more I could have ended it much faster.

It didn't take him too long to adjust which is an unfortunately common trait among my opponents and then the fight was on for real. As I said the fight was pretty exciting and one of the more fair ones I've had in a time. Especially once he figured he had a good bead on where I was and started using the gun as well. Using his sword to pressure me and deflect my attacks while trying to shoot me with the gun forcing me to attack, defend against his longsword and stay on the move to keep him from getting a good shot off.

The good news is my earlier successful hits had left pretty deep cuts so while the fight was going on he was bleeding out and his actions started to slow letting me get in even more hits though he also managed to get off a shot that went through my side and stunned me long enough that he got another strike in that slit open a long gash along my shoulder down to my elbow of my right arm which is my sword arm. So... I had to use my offhand for a bit which was not helpful and the switch was difficult and involved a bit of running and dodging through the moving arena. I dropped my machete when the strike hit and dodged his next few strikes before starting to run, jumping to a lower section of arena to force him to move in order to try and shoot me and I kept moving using the arena to keep myself out of his line of sight until I could double back and grab my sword with the other hand and continue the fight. At this point both of us weren't doing to well, but luckily for me his injuries were worse.

Unfortunately at this point he also seemed to realize that he was losing despite everything and well...

I got another strike in managing to stab my machete through his gut, it was a pretty serious blow, but not quite a game ender. Unfortunately it was enough to make him stop playing and next thing I know the floor beneath me suddenly launches upwards knocking me onto my ass and then the floor starts collapsing on me. I had to dive out of the way and the terrain moved causing me to fall off the platform entirely. I managed to land on another platform only for the ground to start shifting causing me to struggle to maintain my balance. I could see him up on the platform, gripping his bleeding stab wound as he manipulated the arena.

I don't know if it was the blood loss or just that unlike the other guy I knew what to expect, but he never managed to quite pin me even as the ground riled and bucked and I was buffeted with entire sections of the arena. Eventually everything settled as I saw him collapse to his knees and I wasn't about to let him possibly get a second wind. I rushed in to end the fight once and for all as I saw his eyes close and he pitched forward to the ground. I reached him and was about to stab him through the head and claim my victory when the ground moved again. This time it opened a hole beneath me and I fell the hole closing trapping me. I thought it was a trick. That he might have been feigning his injured state and I was about to die when one of the Diamond's... Er the Ace of Diamond's actually reveals that she had been the one to do it. I was going to complain when The Game Master beat me to it. Demanding to know what she was doing. She explained that since Sal was unconscious from the blood loss the fight was already over and challenged The Game Master to deny her reasoning. I was a bit confused. I expected him to disagree or something. He seemed angry, but instead he agreed and she seemed... Strangely relieved.

I was freed and Sal disappeared. I don't know what connection The Ace of Diamonds and Sal had, but whatever it was I'm kind of glad I didn't kill him. For one thing he's kind of awesome and the world needs more awesome people and for another I'm pretty sure The Ace of Diamond's would have killed me and she's pretty scary.

Regardless I won and I'm sorry this took so long to get out, but with my own injuries especially to my dominant arm I had quite a bit of trouble typing this... I'm feeling quite a bit better now though. The Hearts are real good at medical aid... I wonder if I can get one to join The Children when I get back. Would be useful to have a skilled healer. Maybe they could even help Tiff.


7 comments:

  1. For someone who says they're a monster you sure talk a lot about helping people.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am a monster and I help people. Those things aren't mutually exclusive. I also kill far more people than I help.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah... Leaf, if you're looking for a hidden spark of good in Faceless, then I hate to say it, but you're looking in vain.

      Just give up now.

      - Poe

      Delete
    2. See Poe knows what he's talking about. I killed his girlfriend. Speaking of... I was thinking I should create like a phone app for people who's loved ones I've killed... Thinking of calling it... Kildher... Wanna be one of the first people on there?

      Delete
    3. name it kildem instead. don't want to imply you only killed the one person, after all.

      Delete